The Hlinka Gretzky Cup has returned to the U-18 hockey calendar after a one-year break caused by the coronavirus. Except for the absence of Canada, which will not arrive due to the COVID pandemic, the best U18 national teams in the world will again gather in Břeclav and Piešťany. Czech Hockey puts the health of all people first, which is why players, team staff and fans will be under strict measures to guarantee safety for all. The measures listed below are governed by the valid regulations of the Government of the Czech Republic and the Ministry of Health. If there are changes at the beginning or during the tournament, the rules will be updated according to applicable legislation.
Entrance of spectators
Only persons who have been accredited by the organizer or have a ticket for the game / playing day can enter the arena. The organizing team of 2021 Hlinka Gretzky Cup has set the health of players and fans as an absolute priority. Thus, only spectators who are able to prove their at the entrance will be admitted. One of the following must be demonstrated:
- result of a negative PCR test not older than seven days
- result of a negative antigen test not older than 72 hours
- confirmation of vaccination against COVID-19 (at least 14 days after the second dose as of the game day)
- medical certificate of past COVID-19 infection in the last 180 days
For faster admittance of spectators, we recommend downloading the Tečka application from the Ministry of Health. More information can be found here.
How many fans will be admitted to the arena in Břeclav?
According to current government rules, the auditorium may be filled to half the capacity of the arena. The organizers will let a maximum of 2,019 spectators into the Zimní stadion města Břeclavi at one time .
There will be three basic rules for fans at the venue:
- Respirators: Wear an FFP2 or KN95 class respirator throughout the arena and during the game. This rule will be enforced by the organizer.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hands regularly with soap and water. Always disinfect your hands before or after using the respirator. Stands with disinfection will be placed in the stadium.
- Keep your distance: Keep a distance of 2 meters or more from other spectators. Keeping a distance is especially important indoors and when eating out.
The organizers prefer prevention to repression. For the smooth running of the tournament, high solidarity and personal responsibility from all participants is also necessary:
- If you do not feel well or have symptoms of a respiratory illness, do not go to the game. People with symptoms of COVID-19 will not be admitted to the arena.
PLEASE NOTE: If the current government regulations change by the start of the tournament, the rules listed above will be revised.
More information about tickets you can find here.
More information for journalists you can find here.